Introducing the Hanaeleh Summer Horse Academy!
Five week academy: June 17th through July 17.
The academy will meet Monday and Wednesday from 6pm- 8pm
Ages 16+/ adults welcome!
Join 33-year horsemanship expert Elizabeth Zarkos, Ph.D. for our five-week intensive academy that helps people of all levels improve their ability to connect with horses.
Learn the various training techniques that Elizabeth uses in training and rehabilitating those horses who have been deemed “untrainable” by other professional trainers.
Work side-by-side with Elizabeth and as she breaks down how she creates the individualized training regiment for each the horses who come to Hanaeleh.
Each course will be tailored to each individual’s skill level. The program will give students the knowledge to work with horses safely and confidently about the following topics:
- Medical Care
- Sensory Training
- Fitting bits, bridles and saddles
- Understanding conformation
- Horse and human communication
During this 5-week academy, individuals will be working with horses on the ground. Students from various levels are encouraged to apply; the experience will be tailored to each individual in order to ensure that all students are safe but are continuing to learn.
1. Students must be calm around the horses, able to take direction, have a good sense of humor, and have a willingness and desire to learn about horses and horse care. Students should genuinely enjoy working around horses.
2. Students will not ride the horses, but they will be responsible for all care of horses on the ground. For that reason, all students must wear appropriate clothing, including: jeans, breeches or other long pants, boots and gloves. Shirts should fit well without being too tight or too loose. A hat, sunglasses and sunscreen are recommended.